Chikin Fried Rice | Recipe
RICE FOR WHAT
I understand. - Drake
Growing up in Asian households, meant we were for sure having fried rice at least once a week. You really can't go wrong with what you put in your fried rice, as long as you don't put really weird shit in it like creamcheese or something. Basically don't add any dairy to it and it should be pretty fuckin good.
Also your rice should not be deep brown like it is in Americanized Chinese restaurants like PF Chang's. If that is how you are eating your fried rice, please stop adding salt to anything because we're worried about your hypertension. Anyway, here is our chicken fried rice. Shoutout Papa Huang and Papa Ko for always makin' sure we had some good ass meals at home growing up.
- 2 cups jasmine rice (cooled or a day old) - we like day old rice for this recipe
- 1/2 lb chopped chicken
- 4 cloves of garlic chopped
- 1/2 onion chopped
- about a finger sized amount of ginger julienned
- 6 eggs
- Veggies - whatever the fuck you wanna add, we typically add corn, carrots, peas & green beans.
- 1/4 cup neutral oil
STIR FRY SAUCE:
- 1 tbsp shao xing wine
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tsp fish sauce (optional)
- 2 stalks of scallions chopped
- chili flakes, salt & pepper to taste
- Heat up your pan to medium heat with a portion of your neutral oil. Stir fry your chicken and set aside.
- Fry your garlic, onion, and ginger on medium high heat and add it to your bowl of chicken.
- Turn your pan to medium high heat adding additional oil here. Cook your eggs over easy, once you're ready to flip your eggs over, add in all of your rice. Mix the rice and the eggs up realll good.
- Add in your stir fry sauce and seasoning and any veggies you felt like adding to be #healthkween.
- Cook everything for approximately two minutes making sure all of the sauce is evenly distributed.
- Get all yo shit & put it in a bowl, you can top it with scallions and some fried garlic because that stuff is life. Also grab your chili oil you fiend.