Eggs & Shrimp 虾仁炒蛋 | Recipe
In the kitchen, wrist twistin' like a stir fry
This stir-fried egg & shrimp (虾仁炒蛋) dish is a comfort dish from Cantonese cuisine that takes us back home, it is basically a refined omelette. You can eat it for breakfast, lunch, dinner, late night snack. Good at all times of the day, we promise.
GETTIN' EGGY WIT IT:
- 12 shrimp chopped large or whole
- salt to taste
- 1/4 cup of canola oil
- pinch of white pepper
- 2 stalks of scallion
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- 6 room temperature eggs
- scallions and chili oil to top with
1. Beat your eggs in a large bowl with salt and white pepper.
2. Chop your shrimp (if you want to chop them).
3. Heat up oil in a large pan on high heat.
4. Once heated, pour eggs in a pan. Drop shrimp and scallion in pan and equally spread the mixture in the pan.
5. To get the egg's fluffy texture, fold the eggs gently so it cook through but doesn't break! Cook for about 2-3 minutes making sure the egg's don't brown.
6. Serve over rice with soy sauce, chili oil & scallions!