Chocolate Espresso Cookies | Recipe
Tru life: I am the
i ditched the garbage can tho
I try really hard to not keep cookies or sweets in our apartment, because once I have them in the house I will graze on them alllll day. When the PMS hits, or it's just one of those days where you seriously need chocolate--these cookies are bomb. Plus, you can refrigerate them to have them last a longer without getting stale. Plus, since they have espresso, it's like drinking a cup of coffee right? Same thing.
BECOMING THE COOKIE MONSTER:
- 2 cups of flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 3/4 tsp salt
- 3 tbsp espresso powder - you can add more if you like espresso flavor
- 2 sticks unsalted butter
- 1 cup stevia sugar
- 1/4 cup coconut sugar
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 room temperature eggs
- 6 oz roughly chopped dark chocolate - add this in last
1. Preheat your oven to 350 degrees. Take all of the dry ingredients and whisk together in a bowl. Set aside.
2. Then, mix all of your wet ingredients except your eggs and your dark chocolate in a separate bowl and beat together on low with an electric mixer until the mixture is creamy.
3. Once your wet mixture is creamy, add in your room temperature eggs one at a time and beat into the mixture. Beat the eggs in the mixture until they are blended.
4. Now you can add in your dry mixture that's been chilling there. Beat with an electric mixer until it's well-blended.
5. Add in the choco chunks to the batter, the coarse chopping lets each cookie be a fun surprise with how much chocolate you'll get.
6. Use a generous tablespoon as your cookie scoop size or if you have one of those ice cream / cookie scoop things and place the scoops on a lined cookie sheet. Put your scoops in the freezer for 15 minutes - this makes the cookies less sad & flat.
7. Bake in the oven at 350 degrees for 9-10 minutes depending on how soft you like your cookies. Sprinkle with sea salt, let them cool or eat them hot. I usually get too excited and burn my fingers / tongue eating them hot. #noragrets